Saturday, 31 May 2014





Situated at 437yd from the railway station, 984yd from the townhall, 1531yd from the ferry terminal and at only 1.427mi from the beach by tram, Le 177 is a rental flat with the charm of a typical french 19 th century style building mixed with a modern decoration and furniture.


Clévacances reg : 2014LOC449
Category : 3 keys


                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                        FREE WIFI ACCESS
                                                                                              

Le 177 ...  its history 


Our building was built in 1874 in red brick equipment ( clay ) and yellow (which are the building blocks of a local specialty vase and a fairly resistant material ) .

This building was at that time offered for rent with the petty bourgeoisie and the officials whose offices are located on the same boulevard.
Indeed, since it was built after 1850 our boulevard becomes the address sought offices of shipping companies (Compagnie Générale Transatlantique , Chargeurs Réunis, Maison Odinet , Cunard Lines ...). It is also the headquarters of large administrations of the city : Town hall, Sous-Prefecture, Customs, Court, Palais de la Bourse, local newspapers, military barracks and all services : banks, post office and the telegraph station .
In 1890, Le Havre is one of the richest cities in France after experiencing unparalleled growth : the population increased from 60,000 to 117,000 people in thirty years.

Despite the destruction of the Second World War (the effects of the bombing are visible on the south side of the boulevard which marks a sort of "boundary" between the city of the nineteenth century and the rebuilt city), a large number of buildings are still there to witness this exceptional period for the city. And tradition to implant the activities of shipping companies is still alive : the Franklin Building was built for the U.S. Lines in 1947 and more recently we have seen signs of major Chinese shipowners appear on the boulevard : China Shipping , Cosco, etc. .... The former headquarters of the Chamber of Commerce has been converted into a hotel and casino while police and some courts (Trade Prudhommes and minors) were implanted in the building built opposite the 177 .
In 2012, the tram runs again on the boulevard took advantage of a comprehensive redevelopment that showcases the soft modes. The beach is three tram stations or ¼ h cycle ride ...